Guide to Playing Roulette
Roulette is exciting to play and easy to love. Having been popular for hundreds of years, it’s a refreshingly simple game. All you need to do is guess where the ball is going to land and spin the wheel. The roulette table next to the wheel is where you place your bets. You can place inside bets and outside bets. Inside bets are when you wager on what number the ball will land on. Outside bets are different, allowing you to wager on whether the ball will land on red, black, odd, even and more.
How to Play Roulette
Follow the steps in our roulette guide below to get the wheel spinning:
- Place your bet/s by adding chips to the relevant spots on the roulette table. Simply click on the chip denominations available below the table (from $1 to $100) then click on the spot/s on the table you want to bet on to place the bet.
- Click “Spin” to release the ball. If it stops on the number or color you bet on, you win. The amount you win depends on the type of bet you made and the payout ratio for that bet.
- After your first spin, you can either repeat the same bet again or select “Clear All” to remove all current bets and start fresh.
Always keep a copy of the game’s rules handy as you play. At Bovada, you can find the rules for American Roulette and European Roulette in the game guide.
Basic Roulette Tips
When you’re ready to play, read these easy roulette strategies then check out a suggested betting system in the next section:
- There’s no quick-fire strategy that’s guaranteed to make you money. Keep things in perspective and enjoy the thrill of playing. The best way to make your bankroll last is to redeem online casino bonuses. Also choose a table with a wide betting range, so you can wager as little as $1 per spin.
- Many roulette players recommend European Roulette because it has a lower house edge. The addition of double zero in American Roulette increases the house edge. When the ball lands on zero or double zero all even-money bets (black/red and odd/even) lose.
- After a win, it can be tempting to make a higher wager on your next spin; however, it’s recommended to set aside your winnings and bet only the same amount again. This is a simple roulette strategy that can go a long way.
How to Win at Roulette
A common strategy is the Martingale betting system and it’s designed to increase your short-term winnings. This system says that if you bet only on a single color on the table, and you continue to double your bet until you win, you’ll increase your chances of winning and recoup your losses.
For example, if you wagered $2 on an even-money space such as red and lost, you should wager $4 on red for the next spin, and so on. When you get a winning hand, you’ll have a net win of your original wager amount. Keep in mind, there’s no guarantee you’ll land on red eventually. Also remember you can’t keep doubling your bet forever as it will become too expensive.
Head over to Bovada Casino today and see why it’s so easy to love roulette.